What do you give a man? (Like flowers for women)

I want to surprise my SO, I have a whole night planned for us, all a surprise. I'm trying to spice things up, we've been a little routine lately. But I wanted to bring him something home, kind of similar to how a man brings his wife flowers just to be nice. Something not to pricey... watches, electric shavers, etc, he really wouldn't go for... any ideas?

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 6:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband always goes for food...lol. The stomach is the way to a man's heart. Something that he loves but never gets. If you are already planning dinner...then maybe IF they aren't to expensive, tickets to some sports event.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• bj, they love them!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• sure, figue out his hobbies, fishing lures for fishers, cookbooks or gadgets for cooks, if he's into sports, go for the off the wall stuff. pez just brought out some neat ones with footballs on it. i got mine two, one michiagan, where he's from, the other indiana from my home state. he loved them. remember it's the thought that counts. he'll love it just cuz you got it for him!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We are going to a sushi bar then out to watch an open mic night, both things that he loves...
    allfiller

Comment by allfiller (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• How about just a tie? You can just wear the tie...LOL! I think chocolate too if he likes that stuff...you can buy a nice shaving kit and get him all freshen up before your night together...
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Blow jobs. Trust me!
    CokietheClown

Answer by CokietheClown at 7:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with sending flowers to a man. Also chocolates or other treats are good too!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I surprised my guy on Father's Day by him coming home and finding me laying on the bed (obviously I ordered this stuff in advance) wearing a really cute girl's baseball hat of his favorite team and a girlie favorite team tank top w/matching thong holding a $100 gift card for him to get tickets and if any $ left over.. he could spend at the ballpark. Needless to say.. I scored GIANT points!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm sorry, we get flowers, he gets sex? Sooooo not equal! And what if I wanted sex instead of flowers? ;) Anyway, to answer your question:
    I agree with sticking with his hobbies. My husband likes woodworking, so I buy him a bit for his router, or some new patterns to work with, or something like that. You could do the same for his hobbies - there are almost always inexpensive parts to every hobby. And, as someone else mentioned, it never hurts to get him flowers either. My husband is partial to big sunflowers - he likes to take them to work to brighten his space.
    imafuswb

Answer by imafuswb at 8:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I know my husband likes it when I bring him coffee or beer. Not very romantic, but it's what he likes :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2010