does anyone else have problems with the school system?

my oldest girl will be in third grade this year. her second grade teaher kept sending notes and calling saying she's not doing the work. she keeps disrupting class. but her report card is nothen but a's. the board says she's to old to get tested. i'm at my wits end with schools! please give advice.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Too old to have her tested for what? Maybe she's disruptive because she's bored. Boredom with school is often because it's not challenging enough. See about the gifted program. I'd speak with the principal again.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 8:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Homeschool!!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I don't think its to young to have her tested. She may need more challenging classes. I was that way in school and the more they gave me those behaviors slowly went away. Look into other schools that offer gifted programs or advances placement classes. My son was tested in the 4th grade. Saying their too old is bologna and that's putting it lightly.
    Mrs.Luv-Lee

Answer by Mrs.Luv-Lee at 7:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would see how it goes in third grade. You can always let the new teacher know your concerns and that teacher maybe more help.
    If not go talk to the principal. If you dont get anywhere with them go to the school board.

I sent my daughter to school on the first day and I received a call that she was too smart for that school to come pick her up and enroll her in a school that has gifted classes. That was many years ago she is now 15 yr and has been in the gifted program since 1st grade.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 8:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010