Did you or your family members think you would ever get pregnant as a teenager?

My parents and brothers always picked on me about it, saying I would be the one to get pregnant at sixteen because I always had a boyfriend, but haha the joke's on them. I didn't start having sex til I was seventeen and I was pretty good at enforcing the condoms on the guys I were with. It's just kinda...messed up my family thought that about me. lol

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 6:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom did and they were right! I've always wanted kids, ever since really young around 12 or 13, got pregnant at 16, I don't regret my son but I wish I didn't have to go through what I did to provide for him and waited a little while longer.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My mom always told me that I was going to get pregnant and go to hell. She said a lot of other worse stuff but I will leave that out.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No one Expected me to get pregnant as a teenager, but i did at 19. i think it has alot to do with the fact that sex was a taboo in my family, still is... my parents never taught me about condoms or sex or birth control or anything until it was basically too late. they weren't thrilled about me having a boyfriend in high school either but never tried to talk to us about contraception. now i know not to make the same mistake...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 7:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My mom was very happy that I waited until after high school. I was the only female in my family to be over 18 when I had my first child.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No----I grew up in the 1950's and nobody would even suspect anyone of having sex until they were much older and probably married. I was a virgin until I was 23 and engaged. Wow....NOBODY would even say anything like that in my family or my friends' families. And talks about sex and love were always done when we were young and done seriously and all the information about birth control was available to us. We just KNEW we wouldn't have a baby until we were married.Life was a lot happier and wholesome back then!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• None of my family even knew I was having sex when I got pregnant at 19. My family was strict about me not having boyfriends and were anti-birth control and everything. They still thought I was a virgin when they found out I was knocked up. So no, I don't think they were expecting that news at all.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• good question!! lol...
    i know one time my mom said she thought my sister is the one who would end up having kids not me. i was confused by that because i have always loved kids and even used to push my baby bro and sis in my baby doll stroller. i'd like to know this answer
    tayseansmom7505

Answer by tayseansmom7505 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2010