Bleeding after a pap smear..

i bleed some after a pap smear, i thought i was pregnant my period is a little over a week late.. my urine test came back negative but my doctor told me to wait two weeks if i dont have my period she will give me a u/s.. but idk why for some reason i feel that if im not pregnant and i bleed a little wouldnt that just bring on my period? can i be pregnant? ps i really hate the waiting game!!! lol

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm thinking you could bleed a little and still be pregnant... It's a tough one b/c everyone has different experiences w/ pregnancies. Maybe just the pap smear itself made you bleed.
    Vantrice

Answer by Vantrice at 7:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes you could be pregnant. It is usually normal sometimes to bleed after a pap smear. If you still have not had your period in a couple weeks do the U/S and get a blood test. I don't think no one really likes the waiting game.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• There could still be a small chance that you are pregnant, even though the test came back negative. Just wait it out and see if you have your period or not.. Bleeding after a pap smear can be normal though if the doctor aggravated something.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I bled for almost a week after my pap when I was first pregnant - Dr said the cervix is really sensitive when you are pregnant, so your bleeding is probably brought on from manipulation of that. Good Luck!!
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 9:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Urine tests are not that accurate if you are only about a week or so late. Like the previous poster said, your cervix is very sensitive during pregnancy, so the bleeding you are having could be from the pap smear. When I was pregnant and had a pap smear I bled almost like my period for a day or two. Good luck!
    Rachael420

Answer by Rachael420 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010