if you were President what would you do for the Country?

How different would you deal with issues in the white house. Would you hire more staff ? How would you create jobs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am glad I am not president!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 7:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• first thing on my list would be that SAHM's would get PAID!! LOL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'd demand the Federal Reserve to print more money and give it to us normal folk who don't get bailouts. Oh, Im getting a bailout tonight.... my mom. She's taking care of my precious baby
    aphillips9

Answer by aphillips9 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• what is SAHM? Is that Single American Homemakers? If so I agree! I think all house/ spouses should recieve a pay check for all they do in creating a healthy home! Government should pay us equal pay esp those who are stay at Home homemakers!
    emmidr

Answer by emmidr at 7:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm not that smart and I'm certain there aren't many cafemoms who could or should be president or know what to do.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If I were President I would open up our own Mills and factories and make our own products again. It would give a lot of people jobs and get them off WElfare! I like to be able to buy made in American products but you cant find too many! Like the good ole cotton wash cloths and towels! I miss real cotton towles that will soak up your water off your body after a shower! I miss shoes made in America that woudl alst a few years (Now your lucky if they last a season). I hate buying material that is bamboo! I think Jobs should be number one for ALL Americans because it gives you pride in who youa re, a working person! And moeny in yoru pockets withotu begging for it! A country that works is more healthy too, than a poor one where there is too much Government. handouts! Just ask any Russian Communist or Cuban whose poor how they think of Communism and poverty!!
    emmidr

Answer by emmidr at 7:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Less federal spending on labor, more federal spending on private industry (in other words, quit trying to hire people and spend more tax money to fix the problem that way, instead bolster existing private industries so they are capable of hiring more people and keeping money in the economy without filtering it through the government)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If I were President I would open up our own Mills and factories and make our own products again. It would give a lot of people jobs and get them off WElfare! I like to be able to buy made in American products but you cant find too many! I think Jobs should be number one for ALL Americans because it gives you pride in who youa re, a working person! And moeny in yoru pockets withotu begging for it! A country that works is more healthy too, than a poor one where there is too much Government. handouts! Just ask any Russian Communist or Cuban whose poor how they think of Communism and poverty!!

I AGREE WITH YOU !00% emmidr THATS WHY I WOULDN'T NEVER SHOP IN WALMART OR ANY COMPANY LIKE IT!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 8:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have things i would LIKE to do that would create more jobs, but im not sure if it would end up helping or hendering the economy. Everything SOUNDS good in theory but when put into practice it never seems to work out the same :(....My goals as for healthcare in general i would try to make private companies more affordable and put medicaid on a bigger sliding scale (available to more people based on income)....
    School GRANTS would NOT be available to illegal immigrants and (free money is for those who go through the correct process to be in the country and school etc..)
    I would be more focused on feeding and housing THOSE IN OUR COUNTRY and not so much in the business of others...im all for human rights..but when you have enough problems on your own soil, WTF are you thinking telling someone else how to run their country!? ummm Move more jobs into the US (were not cheap labor thats the prob. comes in with the economy)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Walmarts not the problem its our Government that is allowing more Imports of products than exports. We import more from China that they import from the USA! Thats the problem with our Government! Its so in touch with other countrys problems and forget about ours and making more jobs for other countries! Outsourcing all our jobs so other foreign countries including China so they can have cars and a better lifestyle than we do and they will pollute the world more. Can you imagine every Chinese having a car like most Americans? Wwll, in the year 2020 pollution will be so bad we will all be breathing in gas fumes! And we all will be starving becasue nothing can grow or live in a gasous environment. WE have to do away with the car and make other vehicles run on solar or batteries not gas! We need to rethink the automobile!
    emmidr

Answer by emmidr at 8:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010