Why do you condemn others when....

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him

If Jesus did not come here to condemn others, why do some christians take it upon themselves to condemn others?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• because like all human beings they are hypocritical.
    kimeg04

Answer by kimeg04 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If Jesus did not come here to condemn others, why do some christians take it upon themselves to condemn others?

This has been something I have never and will never understand!

Answer by older at 7:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The question shouldn't be why do some Christians condemn other people, it should be why do some people condemn other people. And the answer is fear and ignorance.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• This is what I find inconsistent in Christianity. One the one hand they claim they're the ONLY path to salvation, because Jesus claimed He was the only path to G-d. But then on the other hand, Jesus supposedly never "condemned" anyone... well, by claiming that he's the ONLY way He's condemning everyone else. Saying "it's MY way or eternal hell" sounds like condemnation to me, it doens't matter how loving and nicely you wanna put it.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Because some christians become soooooo Legalistic, and I am a Christian But their are people who absolutely push people away not evening Meaning to, and make people feel condemned.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 8:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• But I must say it is not JUST Christians its all Sorts of People.
    UAFwife

• the act of condeming/judging is nothing but pure human nature. you can't pin all the condemnation on xtians.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• SOME xtians do condemn others..but that doesn't make it right, or Godly. i think the pp said it best in labeling those as 'legalistic'. however, there are legalists in every group, even non-xtian groups. there will always be SOME who think they have it correct, while others are wrong..or not right enough. just look around you on CM..its rampant, coming from the mouths/fingers of various ones from all walks, or beliefs, or lack of.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Superiority complex, in egomaniacs creates chaos and hate.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think the verse means that when Jesus first came into the world,it was not to judge or condemn mankind,but to save mankind.In other words,He wasn't here for the express purpose of delivering judgment on the world as a whole.
    When He returns it'll be quite different.He will be condemning,or judging then.Neither God nor His Son are judging the world right now.We're living under grace,not judgment.
    As for your question,I don't know.I'm convinced that EVERYBODY judges in some way or another.I chalk it up to just basic human nature.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 12:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2010