Do you think its healthy to have sex before marriage?

Did you know there are over 216 SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES IN AMERICA? Can you name ten?

emmidr

Asked by emmidr at 7:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• just because your married doesn't mean its not going to happen, married couples can spread and catch STDs just as much as single people
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree with the PP. Just because you have premarital sex does NOT mean that you will catch an STD. I had premarital sex, and I do NOT have an STD, lol. Married people can contract STD's as well, lol.. It is not that hard to catch an STD in today's nasty world.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Hpv
    HIV
    Clamitia
    Gonorrhea
    Syphilis
    Herpes.
    Genital warts
    uh.. hmm..
    no, I guess just seven off the top of my head.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• This makes me think of a season of sex in the city when charlotte and that first guy she married didn't do it till they were married and then she found out he was impotent...lol

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think that's a personal "thing". For me though, I had my daughter out of wed lock and I know that my children will probably have sex before marriage. If this is your child I would just let them know that you would want them to wait at least till they found the "right one". Also if you have a girl let her know that most boys just want you for that and not to give in. Your better than that. Also. allup to you, keep a supply of condoms in the house. JIC. Better safe than sorry. Good luck in your future endeavours.
    tink-01

Answer by tink-01 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Std scarry thought
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No I don't think it's healthy. I didn't know the exact number but I knew it was up there.

Hepatitis
    HPV
    HIV
    PID
    BV
    Clamydia
    Gonorrhea
    Syphilis
    Herpes
    Trichomoniasis
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sex before marriage or not, you can still contract STDs no matter what. Just because you're married it doesn't mean your immune to STDs. Not every married person is monogamous. And not every person who has sex before marriage is going to contract a STD.

And yes, I think that sex before marriage is healthy. How else will you know if you and your future spouse are sexually compatible? It'd be horrible to find out after you get married that sex isn't all that great with one another. Sex is not the most important thing in a marriage but it certainly is up there. If you practice safe sex then you won't have to worry about STDs and pregnancy.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 8:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• as long as it's safe, then i don't see a problem with it.
    i think they should show kids pics of stds, but that's just me.

i think it's okay to have sex before marriage ... better than rushing into marriage just to have sex.
    like a pp said, there are just as much std's with married couples.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think it is healthy to have sex before marriage. Sex is a important part of a relationship and you need to know that you can satisfy your partner as well as them satisfying you.
    Mom09

Answer by Mom09 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010