*Sigggggggh* I'm a terrible person :(!!

I was going to the gym today and hit a parked car. It was waaaaaaay over the line and it's end was too far back. So I hit it when I tried to park. I looked at the damage and it had a bunch of scratches. I asked them to page the person and no one showed up so I came out twice and the car was there but after I finished my workout I noticed the car was gone. I left no note :(

I feel so terrible and sick about this, I just needed to get this off my chest :(.................

Would you try to find them again? I honestly can't afford to pay anything. Someone hit my car the other day and had no insurance...so I have to pay the deductible and then a bus (yes a bus) hit me and all three people who worked for the company lied and blamed me so the cop didn't give anyone a ticket and said we had to take care of it ourselves. Anyone have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think you did everything right in this case. Don't beat yourself up about it, but if they find you next time at the gym and confront you about it, own up to it. Things will hopefully start getting better for you soon!
    imafuswb

Answer by imafuswb at 8:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Quit driving. Thats three times you git someone this week? Holy Shit. Just stop before its a person.
    Anonymous

• No, you did your diligent duty....At least you tried....
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 8:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• you tried to contact the person and they didn't come looking for anyone. Just let it be. You have enough on your plate right now.
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 8:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes - do the right thing. You know what the right thing is. It has nothing to do with if you can afford it or not. You damaged someone else's car. You're responsible for the damage, regardless of how they were parked. You hit a parked car. Your own title states how you feel about it, so now do what needs to be done.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I wrecked 3 times in one week and none were my fault...honestly...I was actually scared to drive again...especially cause I was prego and had my 2 year old in the car with me all 3 times. I think you tried to find the person and you shouldn't worry any more! Be safe!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• WOW you seem to have a run of bad luck. I would probably stop driving for the time being. I wouldn't say it is your fault on all accounts, that is a bit harsh, anon (not op anon). But to be safe. . .
    You did you duty and tried to contact them. . . I probably would have left a note myself before I went in to work out, but that is neither here nor there. YOU TRIED!!! that is more than some can say. Sorry to hear about your bad luck though.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 8:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• lol
    ArmyGal

Answer by ArmyGal at 8:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Gasp.. Its you huh MommyH2? You type the same as the person who asked! lol
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't have left a note either. you tried to get in touch and asked them to page the person, and it didn't work.
    Anonymous