Sherrod says she is a victim of clear bias from Breitbart & Fox News, do you agree?

Shirley Sherrod, the former Agriculture Department Georgia Director of Rural Development, says she is a victim. A victim of poor reporting and, as she contends, clear bias and racist coverage from both Andrew Breitbart and Fox News.

"When you look at their reporting, this is just another way of seeing that they are (racist)," Sherrod told me about Fox in a lengthy interview Tuesday night. "But I have seen that before now. I saw their reporting as biased during the Bush Administration and the Clinton Administration."
Sherrod was forced to resign on Monday after a portion of a taped speech she gave last March was posted at Breitbart's Biggovernment.com.

http://mediamatters.org/strupp/201007210037

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• bias? try deception and fuckery, Fox Snooze's specialties
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I thought fox said she was wrongly discharged.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• she gave HER opinion of ME and I gave mine of HER

Hrmmm, IMO~the term race baiter is an appropriate speculative opinion in the Politics SECTION, don't ya think?...Calling someone a bitch is just immature over-sensitivity babble probably said because you took her opinion too personally.  Calling someone a bitch has nothing to do with politics... So, because you took the aaccusations of Race Baiting too personally in a discussion group on the internet, you lashed out with an over-sensitive response like calling someone a bitch?   Ok, at least we know your level...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• She repeatedly refers to whites as "their own kind" in her speech. Who does that????  She worked for the USDA and while speaking at the NAACP, she defined her partisan stance on politcs..  Is that appropriate action for a USDA employee?  I don't think she is completely innocent. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• So, sweet~ Sherrod REPEATEDLY referring to white people as "their own kind" isn't racist?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm still trying to figure out when either Breitbart or FOX employed and then fired her. Because if she was unfairly let go, the only person responsible for that is the one who made the call (as in ordered it, not the one who used the telephone) to pressure her to resign. Maybe they should have done some fact checking first, not that they have have before, so it would be strange for this to be any different.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• She isn't allowed an opinion of a former President? and BTW, she is no longer a government worker, remember. I didnt know you LOSE those RIGHTS as a government employee thanks for sharing...

The video of her speaking to the NAACP was when she spoke in 2009. She was hired by the Obama administration to work in a NONPartisan position. I think there is a degree of dignity someone who is hired by the President should hold. Expressing racial hate to the former President, is NOT appropriate. Referring to Whites as "their own kind" is NOT appropriate.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• A tape from over 20 years ago was edited in order to frame her....

Umm, the tape Beibart used with Ms Sherrod speaking was from last year. Her accounts in that speach to the NAACP are from years ago...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Sweet
    I think your positions in the past that you have taken to race bait, and the credibility you lost with these Sherrod posts on 07/20/2010 have caused me to not answer for fear I may lose my CM account.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• lol jewjewbee. I see she called Natesmom a bitch.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010