Why does my son whine and cry everytime I am around, but if i'm not in the room or he is gone to Grandma's for the weekend he is happy as can be? He is almost 9 months old.

It makes me feel really bad and like i'm doing something wrong.

excitedmommy22

Asked by excitedmommy22 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• because he loves you and wants all your attention.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 8:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No you're not doing anything wrong. My daughter didn't want to stay with anyone until after she turned 2. And even then it was only Grandma. No one else was allowed to even talk to her or she'd get upset. If Dad dropped her off she was ok but if I was present there might be a scene. I'm not sure your situation but I'm also a SAHM and their use to being with me. GL

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• bc he is a baby and that's how they are. all 3 of my children were like that
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Some kids are just more clingy than others..My two oldest were okay with anyone but m y youngest who just turned one a few weeks ago is always wanting me to hold him it really gets annoying after a while.
    Tressie1986

Answer by Tressie1986 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010