Home school...

I am wanting to home school my child what are the requirements to do so???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• thats silly. why dont you let your kid get out in the world and make friends, socialize and experience life and a good education.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well the schools here where I live suck how does a child in pre-k and k not pass to the next grade their has been many children I know not only family members or friends but people I meet at the dr. office say they have been having problems with their children and the care and safety for them a child in pre-k walked out of her school and 2 blocks down before a man picked her up and returned her to school the teachers didnt even know she was missing. As for the socialization my daughter is in gymnastics and dance so I know I don't have to worry about it she has plenty of friends but I would like to have that one on one time with her that teachers arent able to give each child for her first years of learning she knows more thing's than children her age do.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 8:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• look at your state laws http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• 1. Look up the laws for your state. This will determine alot (some states leave it up to you, some states require you to keep grades and stuff like that)
    2. Plan. Plan & Prepare alot.
    3. Whats available in your area for homeschooling? Are there meetups? Homeschooling Groups? Sports? The zoos & stuff usually have special day for homeschoolers -- like schools have special field trip days- so do homeschoolers.
    4. Join the homeschooling groups on cafemom. they are awesome!
    5. If its preschool. check out some preschool blogs for ideas... I personally love 1+1+1 blog (google that & it will come up / PM me)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think I'll be home schooling our son using Kindergarten curriculum in the fall. Our state has basically no regulations so I just picked up some K workbooks at teacher stores in the area. We attend church activities twice a week, church on Sunday and I'm thinking of signing him up for karate or something in the fall as well. He's one of the most social kids I've ever met so I'm not worried about that aspect.
    My one concern is getting him placed in the correct class when we do decide to put him in a regular school.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2010