what should I do bout these neighbor kids???? ALSO in my journal..... PLEASE ANSWER!

There are two little kids up the road 1 girl 1 boy. They are ages 5 and 6 (give or take). I don't know their mom too awful well tho we've talked a couple times. I work with her 2 sisters and we are more so acquaintances.
She doesn't watch her 2 kids they are always outside (ALONE) and unsupervised. Sometimes they have their 1 yr old sister outside pushing her up and down the street in a stroller.... but no mom in sight. I can understand running in the house for just a sec...... but that's NEVER the case she just don't watch em.

LoveIsBeingAMom

Asked by LoveIsBeingAMom at 8:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We've lived up the road about 2 months and they always come down here to play with our daughter. I doubt their mom knows where they are at let alone cares. I don't want to be responsible for watching them let alone be responsible for if they get hurt. They are bad too like they don't listen AT ALL! The little boys picked all the flowers off my flower bush once (the neighbor seen him do it) and he purpose breaks or tries to break my daughters toys.
    I really dont want confrontation with the mom and I wouldnt mind my daughter playing with the kids if she came to watch them. What should I do??? Anyone got any advice????
    LoveIsBeingAMom

Comment by LoveIsBeingAMom (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You definitely need to have a talk with their mom, that's really the only solution I can think of unless you want to go as far as calling CPS, which I think should be a last resort. You need to tell her exactly what you said here - you don't want to be responsible for her children and they are breaking your kids toys etc.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Take responsibility for your situation and either man up and talk to the mom about the situation bluntly or call social services and start laying down the law around your house. Whether they are your children or not they should respect you as an adult and if you need to be firm and tell them NO! than do so. If they don't listen march them over to her house, knock on the door, and let her have an ear full of what you think.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 8:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think that's bad that no one supervises children that little. I can think of so many reasons why they shouldn't be alone by themselves. For example what if one of them runs into the street and doesn't watch for cars, or a stranger comes up to them, or there are so many possibilites.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Are you sure she's not watching them? Could she be in th ehouse but sitting by a window where she can see them at all times? You never know. If one of them get hurt, does she come outside right away? Do the children act up a lot and misbehave while they are out there? Are they getting into stuff that they shouldnt be and if an adult was watching them they would make them get out of it?
    Before taking any legal steps..like calling CPS on her, I would make sure of that. If you find out that she is absolutley not watching them...I would maybe make an anonymous call on them so that it is looked into for sure.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Ohh...I just read your 2nd post on here. In that case..if you dont feel comfortable confronting the mom on the situation (and you DONT have to...you have no idea what crazy people are capable of..she may be crazy, you never know). I would make that call. Good Luck
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010