I might be screwing up my life.

Me and my bf got back together & we are great. Now that he is out of hs. We werent together for the last 6 months that he was in hs. I always knew he was a great guy but him being in hs made the situation very uncomfortable, he wasnt there for me in raising my baby, my baby is now 7 months. Well we've been making things work great now, but omg I cant pretend like he wasnt in parties drinking and migling with girls in hs. I didnt go to his graduation bc he didnt deserve it, I hadnt seen him in all that time. Now that we are back together he says that the only reason he drank was bc me and my bby werent with him and if I leave him again he might get back in that scene I want to make things work out jst like they are now but I cant forget all the bs I went thru all the crap I hear whenwe werent together, everytime I think about it all I jst want to tell him tht I dnt wanna wrk things out! Im I exaggerating? Im I acting like a kid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• NO.! OF COURSE NOT YOUR ENTITLED TO FEEL THE WAY YOU DO...IF YOU FEEL LIKE THAT AYBE YOU NEED SOME MORE TIME TO YOURSELF TO SEE WTA YOU REALLY WANT DONT RUSH INTO THINGS. AND SIT DOWN AND REALLY TALK TO HIM ABOUT HOW YOU FELT AND HOW YOUR FEELING NOW
    Soon2bemom16

Answer by Soon2bemom16 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It was your choice not to be in a relationship with him while he was finishing school. From what you've written it sounds like he was fully open to trying to be there for you and make it work but you pushed him away. What he did while the two of you weren't together is history and you can not hold it against him. If he really did care about you than he was most likely trying desperately to forget your memory while he wasn't with you and that led him to drown his mind with alcohol and mindless conversations with girls that meant nothing. Trust me, if he's there for you now and things are going well do not mess it up because you can't let go of something from the past. He is doing more than most guys would years older than him and that shows a great deal of responsibility and dedication to you and your child. Talk to him about how you feel, but remember the real issue is that you feel like you lost time with him while he was out
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 8:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Make your decission
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• He is responsible for his own actions. He can't blame his bad behavior on you. He's young and I'm guessing you are as well. It will take time for him to grow up and it doesn't sound like it will be any time soon. If you can deal with that then go for it. If not, then find a guy who is more mature than this guy.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• if you weren't together, you weren't together...don't sweat what happened
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You may not have been a relationship with him at the time, but he was still a father and he should have been there for his child those six months. That's what I would be concerned about. Now what he did as a single man in school, that was his right. Now whether you can handle that is up to you. But don't let him blame anything on you, his choices are his, and have nothing to do with your choice. But I wouldn't dwell on that time, he was in high school doing what hsers do, look at what he does now and decide if he's worthy to be a father and your man.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2010