Christian Women: How do you feel about porn? adult content

I've been reading up about this lately (particularly because my feelings have changed on it in the past few years) and I was surprised by many of the poll results given regarding Christians and their use of/feelings regarding/beliefs about pornography. So! Christian women:
Do you think porn is okay?
Do you watch/view porn?
Do you care if your spouse/s.o. uses porn?
Etc, etc, etc...
Why?

imafuswb

Asked by imafuswb at 8:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Porn is wrong on all counts.
    It hurts relationships
    It breaks your covenant with one another
    It is sin ( lust)
    it is addictive
    It destroys families
    it destroys the life of the person doing the porn. (course no man or woman watching would consider that those people are human being being dehumanized to animals would they?)
    Child porn is extremely destructive and destroys a childs spirit
    the list goes on
    People who say they see nothing wrong with porn are pretty much blind to the truth of what porn actually does and the industry doesnt give a hoot! All they want is money and to destroy lives!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• As a christian I view porn as a form of cheating. It even says in the bibile the lusting after another is adultery.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I THINK ITS GREAT FOR YOUR SEX LIFE.!
    YES SOMETIMES...BUT NOT ADDICTED
    NOPE I DONT CARE
    BECAUSE ITS NORMAL
    Soon2bemom16

Answer by Soon2bemom16 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I am a Christian (however probably not the best one you've met) and I don't mind porn. Nor do I mind if DH watches it.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• no, we don't watch porn. (regular late night tv can be suggestive enough.) my dh would not enjoy it; he's too..private. i have watched in the past (single days, years ago!), and found it to be quite funny, actually.
    my xtian-self tells me that watching another couple have sex to put sexual thoughts into MY head would be sinful..lust, if you will, even though i'd be having sex with my dh. so, being xtian and believing what scripture says about lustful thoughts towards others (not your spouse), i'd have to say it would be wrong. i know, some people will say ''but you're having lustful thoughts towards your dh, and porn is just a 'help' to that end.'' however, i don't subscribe to that notion. my lust for my dh supercedes my lust for porn simply because i love him fully, and trust our relationship to be all the 'help' needed.
    that's the best explaination i have for my feelings on porn.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Honestly, it depends on my mood at the time. Somedays I feel fat and ugly, and to stumble on dh watching porn feels like the end of the world. other times i really don't care.

It's not very fair to him.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• no, i do not think it's ok. no, i nor my husband watch it. he used to, but stopped when i shared with him my feelings on this.

Porn can damage relationships severely. most of the time, when watched, it turns into an addiction. then it gets tiring, so go a little farther "up" and get something different, like instead of men and women, they get men w/men or women w/women, some unfortunately get to the point where they've seen it all and want kid porn **shudders** and even cheating. addiction can make you do crazy stupid stuff.

also, Exodus 20:14Thou shalt not commit adultery; Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart; Thessalonians 4:3For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think porn is wrong and is poison to a marriage. If your married and need to look at porn to get off you probably really need some counseling.
    steph29906

Answer by steph29906 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm not Christian, but I know many who are (including my DH) who don't have any issue with porn...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Porn I do not have a problem with, I find it boring at times, not much of a plot, hubby watches it sometimes, it doesn't bother me.

Answer by older at 9:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2010