Is this a common misconception about CM?

I read in an answer that someone thought this was a Christian website, based on club mom - a totally different site that was owned by the same group as CM, but was shut down yeas ago. Are there really a lot of people who think that just because club mom traffic was all directed here that this is the same site? (for that matter, it never seemed to me that club mom was especially Christian, either - they had the same marketing schemes and advertising as any other affiliate marketing site)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• that's news to me! of course, i'd never heard of clubmom until it was mentioned on CM!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I don't think this, bumped ya np!

Answer by older at 9:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I was on ClubMom too, and it was NOT a Christian site! There were Pagan groups on there too, just like here. I think people just assume if you're a mom you must be Christian... I've heard that a few times!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• never heard of club mom- I never thought this was a strictly "Christian" site, esp since I found out about it on facebook!
    CaitsMom408

Answer by CaitsMom408 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I've never heard this.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• no not at all.. this is the first ive ever heard that.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Not, that I know of just a bunch of women trying to get some answer to there life.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It was very simular to this site
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• ClubMom was NOT a christian website. It had all the same options as this one does just on a smaller level.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Ditto what Sabrina said about people seeming to assume that every mother is a Christian. I hadn't heard of clubmom until just now,though. I don't think that CM is at all Christian.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010