What is your biggest In Law problems???

At the beginnig, I have not had a good relationship with my husbands family... After meeting my husband family ,I knew there would be problems!!! My mother in law is an controlling alcoholic... Really... she starts to drink when the sun rise and contiunes @ the sunset. This woman has been cruel to my husband and myself and we have not been in contact with her for over a year.... My in laws are rediculous

Aprilplus4

Asked by Aprilplus4 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I get along with my MIL. She doesn't drive and we live in the next town. Both my DH sister and brother moved to different towns both are about 4 hours away. Evertime we talk she asks when we can go away. It seems like we are always driving her to visit them, but they have never visited us once. They make it my DH duty to drive her all the time. My DH twin brother lives 2 minutes from my MIL and has never drove her once. I am sick of every time we talk we we are hounded on when we are going to go. I'm sick of going out of town. I feel like they don't want to see us we are just a ride for my MIL. It's a minor problem but I have avoided talking to her for the last couple of weeks because I know she wants us to take her next weekend and I don't want to go. The whole family guilts my DH. That's the first thing she will ask me.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• MY BIGGEST IN LAW PROBLEM IS MY HUSBAND/BOYFRIEND'S MOTHER IS UPSET BECAUSE I TAKE CARE OF HER SON BETTER THAN SHE HAS IN 17 YEARS OF HIS LIFE.! WE ARGUE AND GIVE EACH OTHER NASTY LOOKS EVERY CHANCE WE GET
    Soon2bemom16

Answer by Soon2bemom16 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My MIL & FIL both passed years ago... Before I met them. But the rest, they are nothing more than white trash with drug problems! I'm the "Bad influence" because I encourage my DH to stay clean and sober and to protect and care for his kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i guess my biggest problem is that i hate my sil and the rest of them are just fake and annoying
    Anonymous

• Honestly? The biggest problem is that they both passed away before our children were born, their absence is heartbreaking. My mom also passed when my youngest was 4 months old. I wish we had grandparents in my children's lives.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My inlaws (only his parents) hated the fact that I wasn't born Jewish like they are. So they didn't bother meeting me or their grandchild until nearly 3 years after we started dating and a few months before our wedding. Now it's funny watching them try to be nice to me after all that. There's a huge elephant in the room every time I see them. The rest of his family are okay though.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010