Do you think I may have been contracting in my sleep?

I'm 38 almost 39 weeks pregnant. Last night I had a rather strange dream, lol. In the dream the baby was kicking and kicking and kicking and it hurt really bad and in the dream I could actually see the foot sticking far out, lol. I know it wasn't the baby kicking me in real life and I was feeling it in my sleep because it was happening too often and hurt too bad (baby doesn't move that much anymore). I figure it was just a dream that had very realistic feelings. Does anyone think I might have been contracting in my sleep?

Galikian

Asked by Galikian at 12:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is very possible to have these contractions. They can come and go at any time, day or night, as the due date gets nearer. They are the Braxton-Hicks, which are not true contractions. They can be very uncomfortable. But time the length and how often you have them just to be sure you are not in an early labor stage. Let me be the first to congratulate you on your term pregnancy! Hope all goes well with you!
    Oh the pregnancy dreams. They can be so awful!
    SpiderLizz

Answer by SpiderLizz at 12:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If they were contractions I couldn;t time them because I was sleeping, lol. But thanks for the info anyway.If I am having Braxton-Hicks they sure started late. I had them all the time in the last month of my first pregnancy, but I don't think I had them at all with my second, and I've barely had any at all with this one. I'd rather not go into labor before my scheduled c-section, because my hospital is almost 2 hours away, so I'm worried about having real contractions
    Galikian

Answer by Galikian at 12:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2008