is anyone a medical transcriptionist? or cna did u just get a certifacte or did u need an assoisates degree

to get a job... ive been looking at my local community college.. and it one section it says i would need 26 units then the other it says i would need the 2yr degree...i would rather do the medical tran. if its less units... but if its going to take me 2yrs either way i would like to be lvn.. or cna... not sure what the difference between the two are. cna and lvn that is. my aunt is a rn and she told me that cna is in more demand the lvn. im not good at science but i enjoy taking care of sick people... i dunno ... thank for ur thoughts!!!

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• To be a medical transcriptionist  you need a degree. to be a CNA you just need a certificate

Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Being a cna is a VERY demanding job. You will be dealing with patients who can not stand on their own, having to pick people up that weigh as much as you or more. Basically everything you do for a child you will do for the patients
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Decker hit it right on the nose with her answer but I would like to add, you may be able to find a nursing home or Hospital that is willing to pay you to train to be a CNA. If being on the medical field is something you want and you feel being a CNA is something you can do, I would go for it. Yes you do have to do a lot of grunt work in the beginning, but it helps to open up opportunities for you to advance and may be at no cost for you to do as well :)
    KaylaCeleste

Answer by KaylaCeleste at 11:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010