I'm accused of being a RACE BAITER,,,and yet THIS is what's going in

The whole TEA Party / NAACP / Shirley Sherrod racist story is going on right now

The MAYOR of a Upstate New York village just RESIGNED over getting CAUGHT on tape using a RACIAL SLUR against President Obama....

He was a REPUBLICAN....and a DEMOCRAT POL was with him...and got CAUGHT as well

There are Protests going on right now in NC over FEARS of RE-SEGREGATION

Detroit....another UNARMED BLACK MAN (well KID) was MURDERED by the police for NO REASON...and the CITY is reacting

I am not BAITING ANYTHING, RACE is STILL a HUGE ISSUE....it is in the NEWS this section is about POLITICS and CURRENT EVENTS....If you are NOT talking about it, you are IGNORING the ELEPHANT in the room.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, an ENTIRE question because some can arguably have the opinion that you are a race baiter??? Looks like you are over sensitive OP....

Wow looks like you can't avoid answering it so apparently it was a good question.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm sorry Sweet, because racism is very much an issue.

But, as long as non white people insist that only white people are racist, the problem isn't going to be resolved. As long as there are 'special' groups that cater to one ethnic bunch instead of everyone, the problem isn't going to be resolved. As long as racial slurs are used by the very people who claim no one else can utter them, the problem isn't going to be resolved.

I detest bigots ~ of ANY color or ethnicity. People are people. We all bleed red. We can all make babies together. Sadly, some people can't/won't grow up. Some will never stop citing racism if they don't get their own way or someone disagrees with them. There are those who can't be happy unless they hate something/someone.

I taught my kids not to look at 'color' any more than clothing or any other outward appearance, but there are many who define everything by 'color'. To me that is racist.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sweet, I like you, I really do.  But you kind of are. It's not that race is not an issue, it's your way of approaching the issue.

Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 9:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sooo is it racist for me to go through and pull all the stories on black on white crime orrrrrr???
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• YOU ARE SO RIGHT WATS UR RACE BY THE WAY
    Soon2bemom16

Answer by Soon2bemom16 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Any thing people don't like is bad to discuss. Didn't you know that? Yet It is the ones that bring up the taboo topics that really make a change.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sweets--you are not a race-baiter (and that is the current conservie phrase flavor being that it is what they are), you are a debate-baiter. Big difference!
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• "If you are NOT talking about it, you are IGNORING the ELEPHANT in the room."

--

AMEN! I agree 100%. It is still a real issue, but of course no one will admit it. They are castigating you because it is easier to bash you than admit they should be wearing their white hoods.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The article is interesting ~ and so are the comments following it.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• here is an article that was on yahoo,,interesting read
    ______________________
    That was a succinct analysis! Quickly covers every point of view. I am one of the "Some liberals have long maintained that racism requires power, and so black people can't be racist." people, although I would use the word discrimination, rather than racist, which after all is the thing that matters.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010