How do you take a pregnancy test if you have no recent missed period to go by?

I havent been on birth control for two months. In July I started tracking our copulations. Within a week of the first time Ive been naseous, weird food cravings, constantly hungry, tired, horny and moody. I waited until three weeks into it to take a pregnancy test. It came up negative. I havent had a period since two months ago. What the heck? How long do you usually wait? A month? Six weeks? Not that I mind the practice sex.... ; )

Glickstein

Asked by Glickstein at 9:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are worried I would make an appointment to see you ob/gyn. It does take a few months for your body to regulate after coming off birth control. This does not mean that you can't get pregnant, but it means that you also might now be able to yet.
    LorisBaby

Answer by LorisBaby at 9:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I waited until I missed my period, and it came up positive after that. Maybe try again...good luck!
    Cecilydw

Answer by Cecilydw at 9:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Test again if you haven't started a cycle yet. Having sex doesn't make any difference if you haven't ovulated and technically once you do ovulate the egg is only good for about 3 days.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Ugh, are you serious??? Can you jumpstart a period somehow?
    Glickstein

Comment by Glickstein (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010