Anyone have back surgery?

I'm wondering if anyone has had any kind of back surgery before a pregnancy, and if/how it affected their pregnancy and labor.

I had a severely herniated disc in my lower back after a fall in Feb of last year (2009). After weeks of physical therapy, there was no improvement to the excrutiating pain in my back and shooting down my legs. I was also beginning to lose feeling in my feet and legs (I still have numbness in my right foot, which I'm guessing I will never get back). I had an MRI dome, and the disc was pressed up against my spinal cord. I had a partial discectomy in April.

So, now I am very excited to be pregnant (we were going to start TTC around the time I fell!), but nervous about my back. Any input, advice, shared experience would be appreciated :)

noliegirl

Asked by noliegirl at 9:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy