anything to do in helping prepare for c section

I had a c section a few years ago, and I hurt really badly and even had a staph infection. I was hoping some of you other moms could help me. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and was hoping for some tips to help me prepare for the upcoming c section.

ezziriah

Asked by ezziriah at 9:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had two. My first at 19 and the second at 23. I can only tell you that it was harder for me in recovering the second time. Of course, that could have just been my age. I never had any problems with either though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I was 27 with my DD and 31 with my soon to be son.
    ezziriah

Comment by ezziriah (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Get plenty of rest the night before.Listen to what your doctors tell you to and not to do..don't try to do too much before you are completely healed! Don't feel bad to ask for help from your husband or other family members! Take care of your baby..but don't forget to keep taking care of you!
    :)
    Hope all goes well
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The years of healing between the births are pretty good as for 27 yr. and 31 yrs old.

So not to worry.
    To prepare, just get an eggcrate foam topper ahead if possible, or make pallets of blankets for extra cushioning and support for your back.
    this is what to do for avoiding and post infection>>>
    If you become staph or have problems it could be you have no white cell formation and that is possible due to so much lowering of vitamin, of sets of bacteria, and lack of just plain washing. . . .
    KEEP YOURSELF hydrated all the time. Eat lots of veggies, or drink V-8 a lot !! get enough green leafy stuff . not too much coffee, and always wipe front to back. IT will stave off infections.
    Keep wipes nearby in every room. Use ONLY PUMP TYPE SOAP for hands.

So "pump soap", .....wipes,........... veggies,........ fluids,........... and eggcrate topper. And if you can please have someone hired prior to t
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• ---continued..... hire someone prior to getting back home to clean, ......shop,.........even get the bed made, ...........and get you into and out of tub,.......... these may be available by the insurance you have.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well we are living with family till our house is finished being built. I wouldn't have to do much I have tons of help that is for sure. But with the staph I had it was gotten at the hospitial. They didn't even tell me.
    ezziriah

Comment by ezziriah (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Get a lot of rest!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It's too much info for here, so I will message it to you.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010