Will be moving to California in 4 short months, would like to know what part is Los Angeles, CA & Woodland Hills, CA & Orange County, CA considered, what these 3 southern, northern california, what???

Just moved from St. Louis, Missouri to Las Vegas, Nevada 2 months ago, now my family and I have to move to California in just 4 short months for my excellent, and I do mean excellent job offer!!! Would like to know what each part of california that I listed in my question is considered, thanks ladies.

DesignDiva00

Asked by DesignDiva00 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Travel

• So Cal.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• orange county thats where i live hahha lol La is to bussy too much going on all the time!!
    beautifulesme

Answer by beautifulesme at 1:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I live in Northern California. People will try to tell you that SanFransisco is Northern California...don't listen to them, that is Central. Anything Santa Rosa and above you can consider Northern (I live approx. 4 hours north of S.R.)

The first poster is right, all of the areas you are asking about are Southern Cali.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• So Cal is the place to be!!!!! Trying to get out of Fresno LOL...now THAT'S central CA! Moreso than SF!!!!!!!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• where is your job at?
    neopolitan

Answer by neopolitan at 12:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• All SoCal, but also all very far apart. Los Angeles proper is central. Woodland Hills is the farthest north, Orange County the farthest south.

They LOOK closer than they are on the map...traffic times can be intense. Before you accept the offer, look at the places you can live and what you can afford. An excellent salary in Las Vegas might be a poverty wage in LA and below poverty in Orange County, where the cost of living is very very high.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• all so cali
    xoJolieox

Answer by xoJolieox at 4:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• They're all southern california but Woodland hills more up north, LA, central, OC is the farthest .....if that makes any sense. Will your new job offer have a pay that's great based on the cost of living in CA. Or even Orange Country for that matter, its one of the most expensive areas out of the three you mentioned.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 4:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I love the OC, but I live about 10 mins from woodland hills, hey, I can take pics and send them to you if you want !!??
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• All areas you mentioned are in southern CA. As for counties, you can look at mapquest and set the scale to "region" so it outlines & names the counties. Points in the middle of the state north and east of Santa Barbara County are generally considered central CA (although some people seem to split up north S.B. County and south S.B. County when using the terms southern CA and central CA). I live in Ventura County which is considered southern CA. Woodland Hills is just a couple of miles within the L.A. County line below Ventura County. Anyway, if you pin down where you're going to end up living you can zone in on the best neighborhoods by finding people who actually live there. I have found that, pretty much anywhere you go, you'll find good neighborhoods mixed in with bad neighborhoods so if you get some specifics let us know ok? Woodland Hills is nice but I haven't strayed too far from the freeway so I don't know it very well.
    TheMom0217

Answer by TheMom0217 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2009