Can steroids make it harder to loose weight after birth?

because my son wanted to already come by 29 week they gave me two steroid shots when I was pregnant. he was still born a month early but was healthy 6 lbs 14 oz now I am wondering if those shots that gave me my healthy young man also make it harder for me to loose weight after. I was 125 lbs when I got pregnant. went up to 159 like I was supposed to and now I am usually stuck between 135 or 140. just kind of wondered

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 10:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• no, I got steroid shots when I was pregnant with my twins they were born at 24 weeks, at that time I had already gained 40 lbs. after I had my boys I breastfeed (well pumped) and lost the weight.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• steroids can make you gain weight, but that's usually if you use them for a very long period of time. you are about 10lbs. away from your pre-pregnancy weight. the last 10-15 lbs. are notorious for being very hard to lose. you can jump start your weight loss again by going on a strict diet and exercise routine. imo it's the normal last 10 lbs., not related to the steroids.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Steroids tend to cause you to eat more and gain weight, but the effects don't last that long. They are out of your body now and not causing you to have any trouble losing weight. Just give it time.
    anxiousschk

Answer by anxiousschk at 10:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010