he sticks a finger up his butt! adult content

i've noticed that DS has been sticking his finger (just the tip, I believe) up his butt when he's in the shower.. i know that boys/kids will explore their body.. but do they explore it like that?! he also pulls his umm... testicles so it kinda covers his penis. he does all this for fun, and only in the shower. I've told him that doing the butt thing is bad because poop comes out from there and poop is dirty... but i have no idea how else to really handle this. he's 4, will be 5 in Oct... so i thought that he was past the age of bodily exploration.

Shy_Dia

Asked by Shy_Dia at 10:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• past the age of bodily exploration? have you ever met a teenager?? lol
    but anyway, i wouldn't worry about it. just like you told him that he can't stick his finger in his butt bc of germs, that's good and i would leave it at that. i wouldn't worry about him messin with his junk, especially bc he only does it in the shower
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Little boys do the strangest things, I tell ya. Yes, it's normal. I think you're handling it just fine. Don't make a big deal out of it because he'll just end up doing it more! My DS is 6 and there's been times I walk in on him in the bathtub, see what he's doing, and walk right back out!! I think they grow out of it... eventually. To them, it's just fascinating!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It's normal, little boys are weird. lol Just ignore it, if you make a deal about or show him any kinda of attention, he will keep at it.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It is normal. They want ot explore and are very curious.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 22, 2010