what do I need to take for myself to the hospital

I'm 22 weeks and want to start working on getting things ready for the bag that I need to take for myself while I'm there. Can anyone tell me what I should have?

ezziriah

Asked by ezziriah at 10:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First thing. Always make sure you have your own pillow!!!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You only need to bring personal things that you want - everything else is provided by the hospital.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I can't live without my pillow!!!
    ezziriah

Comment by ezziriah (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Def take your own pillow, but put a bright colored cover on it so it doesn't get lost!
    I didn't take any make up or hair stuff the first time and I regretted it. I did the second time and I felt so much better getting myself fixed up after my shower. That may sound stupid, but it did make me feel better.
    Also, I took a small cd player and a relaxing cd to listen to during labor both times...I felt like that really helped me!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• an extra blanket, a package of diapers (just incase your new baby doesn't fit the ones that they have mine was 12lbs and didn't) shampoo, conditioner, soap, panties, a book, night gown (nursing if thats what you are planning on doing) clothes to wear home. With the clothes, remember you aren't going to be wearing the ones that you were able to fit into before you were pregnant. Brush and hair ties, tooth brush and tooth paste.
    My mom brought up a cooler for me with some food and dr pepper too :)
    Hope that this helps and congrats to you Momma, I hope to be where you are soon!!
    marriedmomto5

Answer by marriedmomto5 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Some things that I packed: Pillow, blanket, boppy pillow (for nursing and for sitting on for the ride home...that hole in the middle is perfect), snacks, drinks (its nice to have your favorites on demand for you and your SO), a personal massager, music cd/player, a couple of dvds, deck of cards, zip loc baggies (to make an ice pack with or for storing wet wash clothes, etc.), breast pump, baby bottle of choice (if you're nursing you don't NEED it but its nice to have should you have difficulties early on), nursing bra, breast pads, menstrual pads (hospital will provide but if you want your own), change of clothes (or a couple), makeup/toiletries. Congrats Mom!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Your own favorite puzzle book to just unwind with.... some snacks YOU like. or gum, mints.

Face scrub, it just feels great. Your own brand of tea, sometimes theirs is old or too strong.

A mirror, razors or just use theirs. Something pretty to wear home. or stretchy and not hurtful on your incision, Like a sundress that buttons in the front.

All the other stuff will be there.

coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010