How rude is it.....

my "best" friend is here. She never comes by much anymore so tonight she stopped by and she has been on her cell phone for over an hour. Now we have been friends for 20+ years, she use to live here and my SO is her brother so she's more like family than my family. But still, I think if the phone call was that important then she should have said "I'll call you back" and left my house!

What are your thoughts on cell phone conversations when you are visting with someone?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• maybe she feels 'at home' at your place. why not? she's family. i know its irritating, but that doesn't mean you can just go on about your business like she's not there. maybe she's lonely and just wants the feeling of being with other humans, physically. i know, i don't get the constant-cell-phone issue either. it bugs the crap outta me, but ..get over it. you aren't going to change them. just learn to ignore her. don't put your life on hold, she's not worried about you getting upset. so don't worry about her getting upset if you ignore her presence.
    both of my sisters cells ring constantly. i have no idea who the callers are, or why things are always so danged important. i just leave them; they get the picture. its rude! turn off the lights, and go to bed..maybe she'll get the hint.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• it would have to be very important for me to be gabbing on the phone when i'm supposed to be hanging out with my friend. even if it was, i would excuse myself first and go talk outside and try to keep it short and sweet. she is being extremely rude
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• its very rude. i hate cell phones.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would say that it is very rude. :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Very rude.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i think its down right rude.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It's kind of rude, yeah.. If she's visiting with you, it would've been more polite for her to say "Hey, I'm at Cindy's, I'll give you a call later" or left your house.. normally I don't mind if were visitng with people and there's a 5min call or something, but after that it's kind of ridiculous. Bummer!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 10:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It's rude. Quick calls are acceptable from spouse, etc....but keep it QUICK!
    anxiousschk

Answer by anxiousschk at 10:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• GAH! I hate it! I think it is the rudest thing EVER!
    My sister use to do it all the time until I started saying very loudly..."Hey! Why did you invite me over if you were going to be on the phone the whole time?"
    My mom and other sister all got mad about it too and now we say something like "Company before phone friends!"

She has stopped doing it for the most part, but if you don't remind her she will do it.

It is just SOOOO rude!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes that is RUDE!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010