I fell carrying my baby...

I was going up the stairs today carrying my 4 month baby and I fell on the last step. There was no saving myself so I threw my elbows out to block her from hitting. She hit the top step a little bit with the back of her head. She cried immediately and for only a minute, then the dog walked up and she started laughing at him...
I called the dr and talked to a nurse - she said that she is fine as long as when she is sleeping her breathing is normal...
I probably seem paranoid but she is only 4 months old and I am just wondering if something could be wrong with her after it but she wouldnt show any symptoms? Like if her head started internally bleeding from it? Would I not know until it was too late? I'm sorry I sound crazy lol - but I just need some reassurance and honest answers.
Thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Youre not crazy, I'd be worried too! But not necessarily because something is wrong. If the nurse said she's okay and she seems okay then she's most likely okay. Just keep an eye on her :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If you called the Dr and they told you what to watch out for I'm sure shes fine when my son was 3 we lived in Mexico and he had one of those big metal playground slides fall on him and it got his head pretty good he actually had a football head ...poor little guy anyways I rushed him to the doctor and they said if he strats to vomit thats bad or if he seems off balance unequal pupils is another sin of damage ..did she bump on carpet ?
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You sound just like me! My 8 month old fell today at day care and hit her head on the hard wood floor from a sitting position. It scared me more than her and she only cried for about 10 seconds and than started playing. I have watched her like a hawk for the rest of the day. If the nurse said she fine than I'm sure she is. Doctors don't play around with little kids. If they were concerned even a little bit than they would have told you to bring her in. Also, I think they just like getting your money once and awhile!!!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Starts ...lol ..misspelled and its a sign of damage not a sin
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Thank you all - you definately made me feel MUCH better and within a matter of minutes lol. I can sleep easier now! And no to koolest mom of4 - she bumper her head on hard wood...
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• well just watch out for those signs ...and from the sound of it she should be ok : ) and be careful on those stairs are you ok ? did you get hurt ?
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I'm sure she's fine! That's SO scary, though, I can totally understand! Unless she starts acting funny or some kind of bump appears, she's fine. I hope YOU'RE okay! Don't be hard on yourself. You're not the only mommy this has happened to. Hopefully, it'll never happen again. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Yeah I have been watching her - thats why i havent gone to sleep... shes acting completely normal though.
    I just skinned my knees and elbows - much rather that than her hitting harder than she did - but thanks for the concern! And I am much less worried than I was before.
    Plus she has her 4 month checkup tomorrow so I am going to make him check her head. But I like the advice on here better than the dr advice alot of the time.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2008