Why do we have headaches before period?

Why do we have headaches before period? is that related to hormone change??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• all headaches come from a lack of oxygen to the brain. perhaps more blood/oxygen is going towards your uterus getting ready for a period and a little less gets to your brain during that time.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• because God has a since of humor!! lol
    marriedmomto5

Answer by marriedmomto5 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• yes, it's from hormones and a symptom of pms
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I believe so. I used to get the worst headaches before my period...I have huge problems with migraines. As my period rolled around I'd get one for 3 days, without fail. I recently went off BC and the past 2 months my headaches have been super light if I even had one. I'm waiting to see what the future holds.

My hormones are clearly changing still, but they are doing it on their own, without anything artificial. Perhaps BC made it worse for me, I don't know.
    anxiousschk

Answer by anxiousschk at 10:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I don't believe that all headaches are caused by a lack of oxygen. (nor does my neurologist)
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120/DSECTION=causes

I can't get the link to work, but it gives you more info.
    anxiousschk

Answer by anxiousschk at 10:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm no doctor, but I truly believe that when you have your period all sorts of health problems can happen. The few times that I've had a serious (and I mean serious) health problem I've noticed that it was during my mentrual cycle. I think its your body attacking itself.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 10:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• To try to combat them, I drink lots of water and avoid eating too much salty stuff or sweet stuff. I haven't a clue why, hormones?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Magnesium deficiency

Answer by rkoloms at 11:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm in the same boat as anxious. I get a headache the friday before my cycle and it last for 3 days straight,no breaks. i feel like death. usually, motrin comforts me a little, but the headache is dreadful. Then, I get large breast,backaches and swollen body and this last 7 days faithfully. It is a difficult time for me but i know it has to be, so i just prepare for it. IT'S Hormones. And the only time i snap off on people or get angry over nothin, is at this time. No other time , unless so one really does something to make me mad.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010