How do u choice the best diet for you?

SouthernCharm04

Asked by SouthernCharm04 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i guess you have to decide what kind of diet you'll stick to. i'll count calories until the cows come home, but i don't like alot of exercise so obviously i'm not going to pick a diet that has a strict fitness regime lol.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I avoid actual "diets." I just tried to eat fewer calories in the day..but I still couldn't count them. You have to figure out what will work best for you.
    anxiousschk

Answer by anxiousschk at 10:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• For me, NO diet worked so I made a complete lifestyle change. I started with a weight loss procedure (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy) on January 11th, this year. I was 351 at my heaviest (January 1st) and am now 242. The surgery wasn't enough, though. Like I said, I had to change my whole lifestyle and I couldn't be happier! There are three main parts to my new life: 1. Eating protein first and making sure to get plenty of protein in my diet. If I have sweets, it's only a bite or two to satisfy the craving and then I put it down.
    2. Get plenty of exercise. Whether it's running around the yard or park with my kid, going for a bike ride or a walk, doing Wii Fit Plus or hitting the gym, I make sure to do SOMETHING to get off the couch every single day.
    3. This has actually been the most beneficial part, LIVE A STRESS-FREE LIFE! When negative thoughts start to creep in, I make a gun with my hands & say PSHEW!
    Good luck!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The best diet for you is one that fits you.. your whole you. Your lifestyle... your moods, your family.. etc.. Personally Alli worked for me .. lost damn near 100lbs but i know a ton of ppl it did nothing for but made them sick. Good Luck
    Jess22877

Answer by Jess22877 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You have to have a mental diet first. You have to know in your head that you want to be healthy forever. You have to lose the weight however you know will work and that you will stick to it and know that when the weight is all off, you have to maintain it and not go back to bad habits. It helps if the whole family is eating healthy too and no junk food in the house. Don't get discouraged if there is no weight loss right away. Here are my best tips that are easy to do and maintain. 1. Drink tons of H20. Whatever you weigh now, drink half that number in ounces. ex. you weight say 150 now, then drink 75 ounces of water a day. 2. eat about 1,000 calories a day. If you don't know how many calories something is, don't eat it. This will suck the first week, then the cravings will stop. 3. If you want to lose weight fast, ditch carbs. The only carbs you should eat should be once a day, preferably oatmeal or Cheerios at breakfast
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Do not limit your carb intake - you need several servings of whole grains per day. I would not worry about being on any certain diet like others have said. Instead, work on cutting out processed and unnatural foods. Drink water, skim milk, and limited amounts of 100 percent fruit juice. Make sure you eat a variety of vegetables and fruits. Avoid white rice and foods with white flour, and instead choose brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and whole wheat bread that does not contain high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils - in fact- check the ingredients list on every item you buy for these 2 ingredients. It helps to stay on the outer walls of the grocery store that contain the natural foods - veggies, fruits, cheese, milk, eggs, meats (stick with lighter meats such as ground turkey, turkey breasts, chicken breasts, ground chicken, etc), and whole grain foods. You have to change your way of eating for life. You can do it
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010