A husband who never wears a wedding ring

My husband never wears his.
He never has.
He never wore any sort of jewelry, he says the ring is not confortable to wear.
He gets mad if I don't wear mine. But still doesn't listen to me when i tell him that he should wear his. I feel like he is disrespecting me,and even if he doesn't like or want to wear it then he needs to get over it and do it for me, and because he should anyway.
What would you do? And no, he's not cheating on me. He never would.

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i would be pissed & i definatly wouldnt wear mine. i would probably wondering whats up and tell him if he cant wear his wedding ring, then hes not married.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It is reasonable to take off during work but it should be on after that and if the ring is to uncomfortable tell him to have one tatooed on LOL. Seriously let him know that not wearing it is not an option unless he needs to take it off for work or swimming or even lotion but those are the only times especially when he has guy nights.
    nitamatt

Answer by nitamatt at 10:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• a wedding ring is an outwardly sign to strangers that you are married. if you don't care if people he doesn't know know he's married, let him go without wearing it. If it's uncomfortable, he shouldn't have to wear it.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• neither of us wear ours; we never have (I am not even sure where they are). it doesn't make us any less married...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My husband can't wear his ring at work because of safety issues but he wears it when he is not at work. When we bought his ring, we went all over the mall to find one that he felt comfortable wearing, one that didn't dig into his finger. Maybe your husband could find a ring that is comfortable for him?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Maybe he cannot wear it because of his job?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would not wear mine until he started to wear his. This is what I would tell him also. If he got mad about it then he can get glad in the same pants he got mad in. If it is so uncomfortable then find one that is.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i wear one and my husband doesnt. i dont really see the big deal. if he doesnt want to wear it you cant force him to. pick and choose your battles.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• my Dh wears one that has a comfort fit on it, it's rounder on the bottom where it touches the finger.
    marriedmomto5

Answer by marriedmomto5 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Neither Hubs nor I wear rings. I do not like the sensory feeling, and him because of work safety. Trust me ain't no one gonna doubt our marital status!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010