What is a good gift for a baby dedication?

I seen a couple of cute picture frames with scriptures and thought about a personalized Bible, but didnt really want that.. help!

gotfavor

Asked by gotfavor at 10:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Shopping

• OK - I will be the one to ask...what is a baby dedication?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i think it's a christening. i would just do cash and a card
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• a savings bond is a nice gift, or a decoration piece like a cross or the picture frames you mentioned.

I got my nephew a stuffed lamb that sings "Jesus loves me". (he was a baby, and it seemed fitting, even if I'm not a Christian myself).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• beckie66 a dedication is mostly for baptists.. they do a dedication rather than a baptism, because a baptism is something they believe you need to be mature enough to decide... a dedication is for the baby to be dedicated to God, and for the parents and God parents to dedicate themselves to having this child grow up to know about God and Jesus.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thank you xxhazeldovexx :)

For my son's baptism, he rec'd money, a little bear that we had blessed by the priest, a cross with a scripture passage that hangs in his room, a picture frame...pretty much everything mentioned here!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thanks for all of your ideas. I thought about a stuffed animal that sings--I'm going to go to Mardels tomorrow to see what they have.
    gotfavor

Comment by gotfavor (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• cute idea!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010