Would you...

talk to one of your exs and hide it from your SO because you know he'll get mad?

I got with my ex when I was 14, it was a few months after i was raped and he was there for me and he was the only one to know that happen for over 2 years. Anyways we dated 2 1/2 years and i broke it off. After a year we got back together and dated another year and I broke it off again because I realized I didn't love him anymore. But my ex has been there for me when I went through the worst of times. He was there for me when my other ex bent the crap out of me and caused me to miscarry. He was always a good listener. Anyways we are both married, I've been married for 3 years, him 1 year. I have kids he doesn't. He recently contacted me and wanted to be friends and start talking again. We live in different states too.
My husband still talks to all his exs but he doesn't want me talking to any of mine but my hubby doesn't listen to me CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Fair game if your hubby does it too. If he gets mad but does it too then tooooooo bad:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• no, i would not. it's too tempting when dh wont listen and you have another man telling you everything you want to hear. i believe it's called an emotional affair.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You should sit down with your hubby and fully explain the situation. That your ex had been there through the worst times. Does he not allow you to have any friends? Or just disagrees with you talking to your ex? Everyone needs someone to talk to, not just your spouse.
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would talk to my ex if I wanted to but I would ALWAYS tell my Hubby, he would get mad but he's a big boy and he can deal with it !!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If he can do it so can you. An ex is an ex for a reason.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Personally I learned this lesson if it upsets my man I don't do it. How would it look to me if he was doing the same. So I grew up took a step back and made the decision not to do stuff that would jeopardize my relationship with him.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't. But then I have no interest in talking to any of my exes anyway.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I still talk to some of my old "fellows" most were from highschool and they are still friends but my hubby knows as I usually report what was said, we dont keep secrets.
    cracklinbread

Answer by cracklinbread at 12:13 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• and sometimes I need a shoulder to cry on or to hear my thoughts. I have no feelings for him what so ever but I miss having someone to talk too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• OP HERE

I used to talk to my ex a couple years ago and it upset my husband, i always told my hubby when he e-mailed and what the e--mail sad but he started to get pissed and not trust me so I stop talking to him for the sake of my marriage but my hubby has all his ex and one night stands on his facebook and he talks to them all the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010