my sister cutting herself

OK my sister just turned 13 and i remember that age kids were down right mean.. back then wore all black to scare them away. we are short ppl i am 5'1 well the kids been bulling her.. thew her clothes in the tolet (teacher over heard) stole her stuff been hitting her etc etc.. teachers ain't doing anything about it.. well today a boy broke her mirro and started to cut her self with it. the cuts was not bad.. oh yeah she isn't all there in her mind she is adhd and a few other things but knows better not to do that... what can i tell my mom to help my sister better yet what can i do? I don't want her to try to hang herself like i did when i was that age????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Cutting becomes more serious over time without counseling. The ice cube idea is often used as a diversion (holding an ice cube in your hand until it melts), but that doesn't solve the underlying problem. This is one of those times where you MUST tell mom. Tell your sister first that you are very concerned and invite her to talk to mom with you. Sometimes "butting in" is the best way to save a life.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would talk to her. Let her know you're there for her. Tell her your stories and the way the kids treated you. It'll help her to know that someone so close to her has been through the same stuff and you lived through it. I would also tell her the pros and cons of doing some of the stuff you have done. I will just reinstate over and over that you're there for her whenever she needs you and make sure if she does want to talk that you're there for her 100 percent so she does know that someone does care about her. Good Luck and I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• oh and btw she is the youngest out of 4 of us.. i am the oldest... i was always picked on really smart but picked on.. my brothers.. one is now 18 was smart friends with everyone and my other brother is 15 and well lets put it this way spelling bees... all a's and on the high school base ball team who been to nationals almost every yr... so her ppl wonder y she can't be like us... and she just can't tough shoes huh???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• and thank you for that reply i told her that but she just smiles and laughs.. and says ok
    Anonymous

• I have a sister the same age as her and she says I'm TOO bossy! who would of though?!?!?! I practically raised her. But anyways, I would try to act more as a friend and go and do stuff with her that she enjoys doing just you and her. She will open up eventually she just needs to feel comfortable. My sister is the youngest of four. My older brother is 26, I'm 24 and my little brother is 14 and she is 12. We're all different and special in our own ways. Maybe she just hasn't found out what she's good at yet. When she does and gets a really close group of friends she won't care what anyone else thinks.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• thanks for that answer.. i will try to do it i too pretty much has rasied her my mom a stripper and dad over seas... but now when daddy came home all went down hill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• hey... I had a HUGE cutting problem that I overcame, PM me anytime!!!! It's only been a year but seriously it's starts off slow and before you know it your arms are full of cuts and scars, trust me.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• give her resources show her give her ice and tell her when she wants to cut put that on her skin instead give her the thehopeline.com or have her just right stuff and then throw it away
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Contact the councilor at school and have them talk to her...my daughter is a cutter and the school councilor helped her a lot as she was able to refer her to medical and psych. help...she is doing better, but it is a long road
    malam

Answer by malam at 4:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• ok today some one stole her purse again stole some things and they hit her.my mom is pressing charges on the ppl who hit her and stole her things... tg for videos... but my mom don't know this might not stop it and it might get worst.. my mom talked to prensibel and vice princeable and the cancelar and is talking to all the teacher now.
    Anonymous