Is it bad to take a percocet while you're pregnant?

It has acetaminophen in it... I have a massive migraine and have not been able to talk to the dr. about this and I can't even think about falling asleep right now):

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 11:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's category C, so if the benefits outweigh the risks it could be appropriate. You should ask your OB or midwife what he/she thinks.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• They gave this to me right after I had my baby and I am breastfeeding. You can look it up on http://safefetus.com/DrugDetail.asp?DrugId=1163&TradeName=OxyNorm&TradeId=2294

When I filled my Rx for Percocet, the name on the paper said Oxycodone. which is classified as a B drug:
    Fetal Risk

No fetal adverse effects in animals.
    Limited human data but no association with congenital defects reported during, 1st trimester exposure
    With prolonged use it may cause neonatal withdrawal.

JnKsMommy

Answer by JnKsMommy at 11:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes, it would be bad for your baby. You can't give an infant percocet. That is how you can measure what could/might be appropriate. My doctor had issues with me taking advil.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• it's just a strong tylenol.... i think it's ok, but obviously i'm not a ob lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i had it when I was pregnant but I would be careful- stick with Tylenol
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 11:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• call a pharmacist they can tell you if it is bad to take and give you ideas on what you can take.....walgreen's has 24 hour pharmacies so give one a call.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• no
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Are you trying to harm your unborn child? That is an opium drug!!! Call your Dr!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010