Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

i think my 10 month old swallowed a bobby pin!?

this might be a stupid question but she is my first kid and i'm always freaking out about everything...do i need to take her to the doctor?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (8)
  • I would take her in. Bobby pins are kind of pointy which could puncture something on the way out.
    DarkFaery131

    Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • um not trying to be smart, but ya if you think she swollowed that then she needs to go to the ER, but it is very doutful that she swollowed something like that and didn't or isn't joking, but yes if you have any doughts she swolloed it then tak her to the ER now
    mommy5409

    Answer by mommy5409 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • if its round and smaller than a quarter than it passes fine, bobby pins.....im not so sure. i would have her seen
    cassie_m

    Answer by cassie_m at 11:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • I would think she would be choking on something like that. It wouldn't go down smoothly if you think about it.
    Lifes-A-Dance

    Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • not poison but call 1-800-452-7165
    they can tell you
    lovmyhubby

    Answer by lovmyhubby at 11:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • Yes!! Take her to the doctor she needs an x-ray to see where it is and if it is causing any damage!!! Let us know what happens, Good Luck !! My daughter swallowed a quarter and we had to go through the same thing but it was for the best!!!
    Truluv4ever

    Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • take her to the er. it could puncture her intestines and she could bleed to death.
    princessbeth79

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • I agree... take her in to the ER. Better safe than sorry in a case like this. If it was a penny I wouldn't worry too much, but because it is long and pointy, it could do serious damage when it passes through her intestines.
    Please let us know the outcome!
    SleepingBeautee

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN