My wedding Questions...

We're having a wedding on New Year's Eve :) Fun Fun Fun
so we're getting eloped then having a party type of thing at a hotel :) Catering, Open Bar, the works...My sister is going to watch over the kids of the party, well her and her friends, I'm paying her and her friend $500 each.

They "party" is from 6-9p but can go as late as 2am if there are guests who want to stay that long.

Should make childcare available only until 9pm?
Should I get designated drivers or cabs for the intoxicated, or a hotel room?
Should I serve dinner or appetizers? or both?
Should I have the open bar? or not because of the risk of drunk driving?
Should I invite family on DF's side who dislike me so they can support him?
Should I serve desert?

advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• depends on what kind of money you have.

If I were invited to a New Years Eve wedding I would expect (based on the types of weddings Im usually invited to) that dinner would be served, and open bar, and that there would be a block of rooms reserved.... anything more than that I would consider above and beyond.

Child care, paying for room, and a safe ride home are NOT your responsiblity.... but if you have the income that would be amazing to offer.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• 1. As long as you can
    2.yes
    3.dinner
    4.yes since #2 is yes...no if #2 is no
    5.only family that you like, the others may ruin your happy day
    6.yes
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Childcare should be til 9. You don't want little kids scared cuz their parents aren't back yet, they're tired, but aren't comfy enough to go to sleep...
    Suggest to friends you know drink a lot, to get a room in the hotel. You can have them hold some for your wedding.

Serve apps along with drinks.
    Invite his whole family. You do the right thing, maybe they will.
    Wedding cake can be the dessert, and fruits. Remember healthy stuff for the kids.

advice?

txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sorry, I left that 'advice' part in by accident :P
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Should make childcare available only until 9pm?yes
    Should I get designated drivers or cabs for the intoxicated, or a hotel room? cabs,
    Should I serve dinner or appetizers? or both? dinner
    Should I have the open bar? or not because of the risk of drunk driving? Can you afford a open bar?
    Should I invite family on DF's side who dislike me so they can support him? No, they may try to ruin it for you.
    Should I serve desert? Yes

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Considering the timing of this party, it needs to be dinner. I'd go with wine at the tables and a no host bar (which means people have to buy their own hard stuff). Let your fiance decide on the invitees from his side.

The rest? Your choice. Can't go wrong any way you choose.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I've seen people doing dessert bars instead of a cake. As far as babysitting, that is nice of you to provide, but if I was invited to a new year's eve party, I'd get my own babysitter so I could stay out late (even if it wasn't at your wedding) so I'm not sure people will even take advantage of that.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010