How do you feel about buying jewelry for yourself?

I recently read a very lovely blog post where a piece of personalized, affordable jewelry was reviewed. The surprise came in the comment section where the blog comments by all women were of admiration for this piece of jewelry. One swooned and then another, but the shocking part was none of the women thought that they could buy this piece of jewelry for them self. Each of them commented on getting it for a birthday, or Christmas, or Valentines Day. Some women treat themselves with whatever makes them feel pampered, be it designer clothing, shoes, and handbags. Some women treat themselves to a weekly manicure and pedicure or over the top designer hair processes. What makes some of us think that we can't treat ourselves to a piece of jewelry that costs less than Oprah's favorite Jimmy Choos?

CarolinaClover

Asked by CarolinaClover at 11:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Shopping

• if I love it enough, I'll buy it!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If I have the money I have no more problem buying a piece of jewelry as I do buying a pair of shoes.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• idk.... i buy myself jewelry and don't have a problem with it. it is romantic to get some jewelry from your sweetie every once in a while though :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think because jewelry seems like something romantic or thoughtful, like a gift should be.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I LOVE jewelry. I know that if I don't buy it myself then I'm probably not going to get it (unless I hint like crazy at it), but I'm ok with that. I usually only buy cheap jewelry though and save the expensive stuff for holiday/b-day gifts.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• That depends on the price and what it was. If it were expensive, I'd hit around to dh about it.. If not, then I'd probably buy it myself!
    JnKsMommy

Answer by JnKsMommy at 11:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If I don't buy it for myself, it don't get bought. LOL
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm not much of a jewelry wearer....I wear my wedding/engagement ring and that's about it to be honest....
    I'd much rather treat myself to a kitchenaide mixer or something for my garden...like some plants! lol I'm simple, but that's the stuff I love. If I have the extra money, it usually goes to my kids, and I don't mind sacraficing my own wants for my kids needs/wants (not to be spoiled, but to treat).
    If someone buys it for me for an occasion...I don't really have the choice to say no! haha...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Before getting married, I bought myself a couple nice rings - one was a birthstone ring with my firstborn's birthstone. I couldn't and wouldn't buy myself anything more than costume jewelry anymore though. I don't wear any anymore, lol!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:05 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I do it all the time and have done it for years. If I hadn't bought jewelry for myself, then I would not have enjoyed a pearl necklace I bought at a pawn shop 12 years ago for $200 - was recently valued by a jeweler for $600.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010