Why is it Christianity is a religion with the "ONLY valid facts". . .

I have read many women lay claim that Christianity and the Bible are true to history. . . that their one God is proven and other faiths have no validity. Why is this?
My faith is older and factually dates back farther than the Christian belief and has been proved to be truth and factual for it's time unto the present. But We are told our belief is nothing more than fake on all accounts. . . There is no proof our Gods or Goddesses ever existed. . . (which is not true mind you.) We have just as much proof of our religions as any Christian does. . . Do we not?
Note this I am not saying Christianity has no basis. . . just is not the only truth. . .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Seems like I've been saying this an awful lot lately... there is historical AND archeology evidence that other myths, cultures and civilizations predate the Hebrews and the Bible. The Bible is in no way shape or form unique in the telling of it's stories. To say the Bible or even the God of the Bible was the very first version totally goes against the evidence we have on record.

Many myths in every culture contain historical places and battles, but also contain fanciful, make believe creatures, concepts, places and people; some are placed there because in ancient times they really did believe in them and some are placed there to make the story more exciting for the listener.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:29 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i think that alot of people have the "my way or the highway mentality." and that is for alot of different topics, not only religion lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• they think their way is the only way. it's called religious intolerance
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The bible talks about the other false gods... it says they are false. All the false gods mentioned were ones that bowed down to Ba'al.
    The bible has original documents that said these things too. All are historical.
    Here is one story of one false god and what happened. I cannot post the entire chapter but it is Acts 19 and starts at verse 11
    Basically Diane/ Artemis ( depending on the bible version) was a false goddess and the people of Ephesus worshipped her. One man relied on this goddess for business and it was failing... Paul was preaching in Ephesus at the time and they did not like him... they cried out to this goddess for 2 hrs .
    There is another story of the statue of a false god that fell and they replaced the head and it fell again the next night and no , no one could do that on there own. I am still looking for that story too.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I believe in the validity of your Gods and Goddesses.They are what Christians refer to as angels.And they ,(angels), existed long before Christianity and the Bible.
    I know I'm not exactly answering your question,and most people (Christian or otherwise) would probably disagree with me.Just something I believe is all. :)
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 12:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• there is little FACT to prove any religion is TRUE..

there are plenty of theories though..

but I believe in objective evidence more than subjective.. so this is why I'm spiritual atheist.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:38 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• is it not true that the bible was written in a dead language and was translated to Hebrew. . . just because some one wrote it down doesn't make it historically accurate. Artemis, the Greek goddess of the hunt so no wonder she wasn't helping with his business. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 12:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Shaneagle come on, you are using one book to refrence the same book.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• There is another story of the statue of a false god that fell and they replaced the head and it fell again the next night and no , no one could do that on there own. I am still looking for that story too.

That proves jack shit. There is no proof historical or other wise that proves any of the bible fact. Yes the people existed yes some things happened, but then going off of that do you know how much other then the bible has to be fact?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Kris, actually what shaneagle is quoting is from the new testament which was written in Greek not Hebrew I know this has nothing to do with the original topic just thought I would let you know though
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 22, 2010