I know a family in need, is there anywhere to find a place that donates diapers to those who are poor?

I have a friend and they're having their baby, and they need essentials like soap, diapers and wipes for their new little one. Are there any organizations or charities that I can refer them to??????

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• call 211 on your phone. they give you numbers to resources you need, it's country wide now.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• 211 is a great idea!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'd check www.freecycle.org too.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Have you tried posting this in your local free cycle? Also if you have a Salvation Army they may help direct you where your friend can go. If we lived closer I would be more then happy to help out.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You can call churches and ask. Also, you can try making a post for them on craigslist and freecycle. You can also try and get them set up to use cloth diapers. it's way cheaper and for wipes, wash clothes will do. One bottle of baby soap should last them months. You don't need much, if anything for a newborn. GL to them.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• local food bank will provide some
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• – collapse
    And so it begins... another family starts the cycle of poverty. I don't even feel sorry for people who do this anymore. Welcome to a life of struggle and frustration. You chose it, it's yours!
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• FYI blabbermouth, her husband was just laid off from his job.....they were pregnant before he got laid off....and there was no warning of this ever happening....keep your rudeness to yourself! Please don't spread your ignorance.
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would have her invest in cloth diapers and plastic pants, churches and food shelves are your best bet, WIC can even help with information. depending on the community there is usually something out there. like in my area there is a family investment program that gives you all sorts of free things when you show proof of prenatal visits and well baby check ups.
    United Way is helpful as well.
    but seriously $12 on a pack of cloth diapers will come in handy for those times when there isn't money for pampers
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• A state social worker should be able to help.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:32 AM on Jul. 22, 2010