Baby scalp

HI, my daughter had cradle cap a few months ago - and I kind of flaked some of it off... I know that I shouldnt have and I feel bad now that I did so please dont bash me for it - but now she has these spots on her scalp that are white - lighter than the rest of her scalp. They never bled or anything but now they are just lighter compared to the rest ... I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has had this and if it will ever blend back in with the rest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I flaked my daughter's off.. I had no idea that I shouldn't have, now it's all cleared up and looks perfectly normal. Is it rough, or is it just like normal scalp except a lighter color? It sounds like a scar..? If so, it may not go away but she should get enough hair that it won't matter.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My son has that too, and just like you I was worried. I posted a question a while ago about it and another mom told me that it does fade with time. I've already noticed it fading on my son's forehead!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I think as long as she didn't bleed or anything then youre probably okay. Massage her scalp with babyoil when you bath her and it will help with it if she still has it and it will keep her from being dried out.
    Oldham80

Answer by Oldham80 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Thanks ! You guys are great ! I really appreciate your answers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2008