Is your cervix softening at 27 weeks normal?

Last week i went to the hospital because i was bleeding. It wasnt really red, it was pinkish. i went to the doctor a couple days later and he did a fetal fibronectin test then he checked my cervix. He said the outside of my cervix is softening and its opening already. He also said that my baby girl may be premature. He hasnt said FOR SURE that she'll be premature, just that she may be. I wont get the results of the Fibronectin test until next tuesday (when i go back), and i have to get a vaginal ultrasound on saturday. Now im really scared that she's gonna come too early. I was just wonderin if anyone else has had anything like this happen to them and what should i do....

jaylahsmommy91

Asked by jaylahsmommy91 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told by my dr. that my cervix is shortening at 20weeks so I was put on progestrone shots to try and help me go full term and I was also given steroid shots for the babys lungs just in case he is born to early I also get a fetal fibronectin test every 2 weeks just to make sure I am not going into pre-term labor I am now 32 weeks.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 1:29 AM on Jul. 22, 2010