How long do you think a blood pressure medicine stays in you?

I've been on 320 mg and 40 mg of blood pressure meds,I want to get off the 320 and start taking a lower dose because I want to get off some drugs(prescriptions,that I think have raised my blood pressure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it depends on the drug i think. you could call the pharmacy and ask them
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You really should consult a Dr about this. Stopping blood pressure meds the wrong way can lead to stroke. What is your bp on these meds and is it safe to stop taking the other meds that you think are raising your bp.? And do you know for sure that those meds are raising your bp? It's really not something to mess around with on your own. I strongly recommend consulting with your Dr before you do anything.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• A little while. I was on a bp med and if I had to stop I was supposed to gradually wean down the doses with help from the pharmacist - cut back 5mg a day every week (25mg was my normal dose, I'd have to have a week of 20mg a day, then a week of 15, then 10, 5, 2.5, 1, and off). It is not safe to cut meds like that out on your own!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2010