How can I tell if "going bye-bye" with my daughter is getting to be too much for her?

My daughter always wants to go "bye bye", and if I had the energy, we'd always be outdoors walking, running errands, catching the bus, etc. But how can I tell if it's getting to be too much for her? I try to get her out of the house everyday, but I'm not sure if it's good for her to be out so much. She is 2 years old btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My dd likes to go out too (she's 4). But because I believe it's good to stay in, we limit it.
    For example, this week's been busy-
    Monday they visited Grandma
    Tues they played at a cousin's
    Wed (today) we didn't leave the house! these days are needed!
    Thurs we have a library summer reading playdate
    Friday is payday so we usually grocery shop.
    saturday i like to let them watch cartoons
    sunday is church. so there is only 1 maybe 2 days for sho we stay home this week. i'd like it to be more.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I don't know... I take my 2 year old out all the time and she is always saying "I need to get out of here." LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I take my two year old son out every day. I think its good for him. I just make sure he also gets plenty of rest as well.
    LisamomofJames

Answer by LisamomofJames at 12:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well if she falls asleep under the tree then you may want to cut it back a bit. Other wise go for it. I say out side is the place to be.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think you will know when its too much.. When she starts getting fussy or acting up or right out telling you she doesnt want to go... My daughter loves to go & always has so far we have never came across any problems.. She is 3.5 & she spent 10hrs at six flags, no nap, and was up from 7am-11pm.... Perfect attitude all day! We were all shocked she handled our day so well (better than some of the grownups! LOL)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I believe everyone needs to get out!!!! Even young children/babies they can bored with the same old same everyday!!! I can tell even with 1 year old grandaughter that she want to go out.....she gets really fussy, not happy till we get in the car and go to the park, shopping,playing outside,swimming or just visiting her great g'parents...
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 9:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have a 20 month old and I try to take him out somewhere every day, whether it's the library, the grocery store, the playground, etc. I make sure he's home to get his nap, so he doesn't get overtired. Even when we are home, he loves to go for walks and his newborn sister loves to ride in her stroller, so it works well. As long as he isn't fussing and he wants to be outdoors, we go.

Answer by missanc at 9:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2010