spin off...

I have an arch in my foot
My SO doesn't
So far my sons feet are identical to SO's, which is very cute but I want him to have an arch. My mom says I should buy certain shoes to help mold an arch, so to speak. What shoes would be best for that?

He is starting stand alone and has been scaling furniture, so I'm sure he will put the two together and walk soon :) I was thinking of NIKE brand shoes, but maybe there is something suited for this specifically\?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They really don't get much of an arch until they really start using their feet.

There were some shoes we had for my daughter starting around that age. I really wish I could remember the brand. But it was a soft leather top and wrap around to part of the bottom, so very flexible. But it had the company logo shape sole that was a soft rubber, so kept that flexibility, but the rubber gave some traction. They made it a LOT easier for her to stand on carpet, ect. because her feet weren't sliding out from under her like they did with the infant shoes. And the hard sole shoes just seemed too stiff for her to be comfortable with.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well that is what babies feet look like. I used moccasins for my kids. Soft soled shoes up until age two.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2010