What should I do??(I've been waiting to ask this for awhile)

Well I wish my problems were as simple as a grape juice stain on my couch...but their actually far from that. I was dating my bf for 3 months before I discovered I was pregnant. I was only 18 when I had my baby...now hes going to be turning 1 yr in sept. Im currently living in an apartment with 2 of our friends. One of our friends lil bros is also staying. So the house population is now up to 6 and then theres a dog. My bf got a job w his dad but i still need to find one. we need to be able to prove we can make 3 times our rent to be able to get an apartment. with the arguing and all these ppl im going crazy in this house. I dont believe this is the right environment for my son. but as a womens shelter keeps popping into my head....im not sure that would be the best decision for our family as a whole....pls help..

TrippsMommy09

Asked by TrippsMommy09 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Oh sweetie, It sounds like you are in a rock and a hard place. Is there a room you have in your apartment where you can go and get away from the arguments? If so then that might be better then a women shelter. I know in our area the news has been reporting that due to the hard time getting jobs a lot of the women shelter and really all shelters are over booked. And that they have had to turn people way because of it. Good luck and I hope everything starts to turn up for you. It might just be better for now to stay where you are and just find a room to get away.
    Gardiner.bug

Answer by Gardiner.bug at 12:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If you have a family member sign a letter saying they supplement your income you can get in. Though only do this if you can handle the rent.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think staying with a trusted family member is your best bet, or another friend that isn't cramped. If you can live with someone rent free, you need to try to go back to school possibly to get a better job or at least get a decent job so that you can afford to go back to school. I've been in your situation sort of and it sucks, but don't be discouraged or think "This is how it is" Don't stop trying.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Whatever you do just make sure you dont get pregnant again, it;s so much harder to get on your feet with two babies, saying this from experience, and with love:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You should look into transitional housing programs in your area.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010