Anyone had endometrial ablation? Have questions!!

Can you describe how you prepared? Did they shave you? Did you do general anesthesia? I will have to..was it outpatient?? Mine will be..
Recovery time..end results.. thanks for your answers!!

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 10:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Health

• my girlfreind had it ......quick,,easy recovery ............its been 2 years and her periods are light as can be.....it is outpatient and yes general anesthesia ....shave,,,i dont know? ill ask her but she is away for a week
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I had it a year and a half ago. No they dont shave you. yes they have to knock you out. My was same day surgery and I was in and out in less than 5 hours. I had light cramping and a little spotting for less than a wek afterwards. Mild pain like cramping, but it went really well for me. I also have NO period now.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Endometrial ablation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Endometrial ablation is a medical procedure that is used to remove (ablate) or destroy the endometrial lining of a woman's uterus. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometrial_ablation
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• - I had it a year and a half ago. No they dont shave you. yes they have to knock you out. My was same day surgery and I was in and out in less than 5 hours. I had light cramping and a little spotting for less than a wek afterwards. Mild pain like cramping, but it went really well for me. I also have NO period now.

My experience was basically the same. I was out faster, but they didn't make me wait much. I had a hysteroscopy, biopsy, D&C, and HTA ablation, and was under about half an hour or so. Mine went really well and I felt basically normal afterward. Cramping the same day and not much of anything after that except some watery spotting.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2010