I have 3 T daughter but she has no limits and doesnt listen , what's wrong?

So far I have tried Super Nanny techniques and they all work, naughty spot, reward chard, she seems to understand at one time and she knows what follows but next she's not following direction and doesn't do whats asked. I had the most embarasing moment today when I took her to gimnastics class and the teacher asked for me to withdraw her because she doesn't listen. she said she has 12 years experience and she thinks my daughter is harder then most kids to get to follow directions. I dont think she is that bad. I was in clas with her and she was good, other kids were probably as not obeying as she. the teacher said she was grate today, and I think so too. then what's the problem she would listen with me there but not alone? Is she too young, or is it because it's the first class like that to attend? She just turned 3 and she is I would say exteremely extroverted.

Elly2009

Asked by Elly2009 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is about the same age. I just enrolled her in dance and she was the same way. I didnt feel that she was ready, so Im putting her in toddler activites that I can be involved with her. I think you just have a strong minded child like me and she doesnt warm up easily. Does she listen to you? How is she at home? If you want you can message me and we can talk. Seems like we're in the same boat and I can tell you what I've tried that has helped. Good luck
    Oldham80

Answer by Oldham80 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my daughters the same way two and she's all most 3 and ya i have problems with her when im around but when mommy's not their she does great and she lesions better when im not around and yeah it has to be th age she has her days i have tried the counting thing i go to 3 and then she does what i ask her to so ya its hard and on top of it all im a single mom and i have 2 kids and only 19m months apart so they both see how far they can push you and test you so she could be just testing you to see what she can or cant do
    mamaboo0607

Answer by mamaboo0607 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Hi,

When my 10 year old was 3, I put her in Ballet also and I ended up pulling her out and taking her back the next year because she was unable to stand still and pay attention. She just was not ready, the next year was a lot better. My 3 1/2 year old is acting the same way, all of a sudden it's what happened to my sweet little girl? I have always said it's not the terrible 2's, it's the terrible 3's. But this too is a stage that will pass. Best of luck to you....girls are hard that's all their is to it.
    meldubbs

Answer by meldubbs at 9:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• its a phase my daughter is 4 and only now coming out of it
    ladiesfirst

Answer by ladiesfirst at 2:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• This sounds like a perfectly normal behavior pattern for a child of that age. There is nothing "wrong" with her. However, you need to set limits for her, discipline her when she behaves like this, and most importantly, be consistent.

When she doesn't do as she is told at home, move her to a time out spot. Explain to her why she is going into "time out". After 3 minutes (1 minute per year of age) excuse her from time out and explain again why she was there. Give her a kiss and hug. Tell her you love her. Each time she fails to listen, immediately address the situation taking her back to time out again. Over time, she should learn that you will not tolerate the behavior and the consequences for her actions.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008