When should I?

Ok I Asked my mother in law when I should take a ept test n she said not until 5 days after the day I am supposed to start my period but my sister said to take it 5 days b4 so I dnt know wat to do? Could someone tell me when I should take it like what day plz?

Ashley162

Asked by Ashley162 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would wait till after its more acurate, but if u wanna test early try those dollar store ones i use them with both pregnancies and i was only 3 weeks
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I took mine like 2-3 days before my period and it cam out positive.. and I took a pregnancy test with my first child 4 days after my period and it was negative.. So just go for it, if its negative try again later.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wait tilll you've missed your period. Your sis is advising you to test way too early, which could lead to a false negative.

A test can detect pregnancy ten days after ovulation, but the longer you wait the better the chance of accuracy.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I suggest you wait until after you miss your period. I also suggest you take it in the morning. Your pregnancy hormone is supposely higher then. I know with my first child I checked after but one at night and it said negative and I took the next morning and it was positive. I was so confused so I called my doctor and had a check up and that is when she informed me about the pregnancy hormone. good luck. Hope you have good news.
    Gardiner.bug

Answer by Gardiner.bug at 1:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I say to wait, as well. I know it's so tough to do that, but you don't want to test to early and get a false result! :)
    imafuswb

Answer by imafuswb at 1:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wait until after your missed period. I waited until a week after my missed period. I also did it in the morning before eating or drinking anything because diluted urine can also cause a false negative.
    bchic24

Answer by bchic24 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• the box for the pregnancy test will tell you!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2010