Anyone else scared of getting pregnant again right away?

I just had my baby a few months ago and have been back on BC for 2 weeks. My husband and I both really want to wait for another and even though I'm on BC we're both still scared I'll get pregnant again. He still wants to use a condom and when he doesn't he pulls out. Has anybody else worried about this? Did you get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im freakin out about it! i know how you feel! except im not on BC, i know its dumb but the concept of it freaks me out. so yeah im constantly terrified of getting pregnant right away!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my sil's kids are 10 months apart. Your fears can turn into reality. I'd lose my mind if I found out I was gonna have another one so soon after birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I got pregnant when my daughter was 2.5 months old, on purpose. If you have been on BC for 2 weeks then you should be ok.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You definitely should worry; My friends daughter is going to be exactly one when her sibling is born.... scariness!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 7:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Yes. This scares me. But I am constantly weighing out when it is best to have another as I do not want my children to be too far apart in age, but I enjoy just getting to know my son right now. So I am scared, but I am also not getting any younger and I would like to have 1-2 more kids, so I guess I have adopted the thought that if it happens, it was meant to happen and I will handle it accordingly! Plus, I found that if you can actually quiet this scared voice in your mind, you may actually enjoy being intimate with your significant other!

madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I didn't think I could get preggo so soon after I had my son (yes dumb I know but I really thought that) since I was exclusively Breastfeeding but I did...my son was only about 4months old when I found out I was preggo! They are exactly 1yr 10days apart! This time I was terrified so my interest in sex is so low but that doesn't seem to actually stop us from having sex *eyeroll*. Thankfully I'm on depo now so my chance of getting preggo again are VERY low...but it still scares me
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• For the first few months after having a baby, I was paranoid about pregnancy every single time we had sex LOL.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Now that I know that I CAN have babies, I'm terrified to have sex after my daughter is born. God forbid I have two kids before I'm 25 : / That's just not for me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2008